Zach originally found this recipe on instagram a million years ago. He made the muffins a few times and they were good, but it wasn’t until I started playing around with the recipe that these muffins became incredible. They are great for breakfast, snack, dessert or whenever!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Servings: 20 – 24 muffins
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 6 eggs
- 4 medium sized mashed bananas, the riper the better
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla (I use double strength)
- 2 2/3 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 bag 10 oz. bag Enjoy Life brand mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter or coconut oil
- Peel and mash bananas
- Add all ingredients, one at a time into a Kitchenaid Mix Master or large bowl.
- Beat on medium (with an electric mixer if you are not using a mix master) until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Line muffin tins with silicone liners OR use silicone muffin tins. HINT: I place these on top of a cookie sheet so that muffin tin doesn’t flop all over the place
- Scoop the batter into the muffin until it is even with the top since they won’t rise that much.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container. Make sure to refrigerate after a day or two to stay fresh.
These are delicious with nut butter spread on top too!