Yeah, really long name, but I wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting before trying this recipe! I recently posted muffins very similar to this, but sadly they contains ingredients that I am not currently eating (animal products and nuts). Additionally, I wanted to make muffins that included protein for my growing boys to fuel themselves during sports training. (Jeremy – gymnastics and Zach – diving, Noah – Crossfit, doesn’t like bananas in baked goods, figures.)
These muffins are a little dense, but still quite tasty. If you are able, you could warm them before serving in the microwave for 5 – 10 seconds so that they stay moist and soft.
Vegan/Nut-free Vanilla Protein Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15- 20 minutes
Servings: 8 Jumbo muffins or 16 regular sized muffins
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 scoops of Vanilla Pea Protein (4 servings)
- 1 cup quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 8 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Double Strength Vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a mix master or large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and beat throughly.
- Scoop the batter into silicone muffin liners or silicone muffin tins – Note if you use silicone muffin tins, I put them on top of a metal cookie sheet because otherwise they are difficult to place in and take out of the oven
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.